In today’s episode of Technology for Mindfulness, I wanted to bring attention to the types of grief that this pandemic has brought upon so many of us. Whether it be the loss of a loved one, a job, or a relationship, this year has definitely taken its toll and it will take time before a lot of us are ready to heal.
I’m going to be sharing a few of the strategies that have helped me throughout the course of isolation and take a deep dive on how and why we respond to loss in the ways that we do. I’ll also be discussing the many benefits that mindfulness brings into our lives and how utilizing these tools can aid us in overcoming bouts of personal grief.
Tune in to Episode 87 to hear more!
What You’ll Learn:
- The different types of loss that Covid-19 has brought (1:14)
- How we usually tend to respond to loss (7:28)
- Where addictive, habitual and often unhealthy routines stem from (9:22)
- The benefits that mindfulness brings into our lives & How people are leveraging technology to stay connected during the pandemic (11:42)
- My tips for dealing with loss in ways that aren’t aversive (15:38)
- Ways to stay social while physically distancing (18:20)
- Why taking breaks from technology is so important (26:24)
Connect With Robert Plotkin: