How we perceive information is majorly affected in the midst of a crisis. It impacts our ability to process news in a rational way and our response is often heavily influenced by our emotions. This makes us vulnerable to false and harmful information that sways public opinion and leads people to make uninformed decisions regarding such serious issues.
Learning to be mindfully aware of what is happening around us is a skill that takes time to master so obtaining the facts has never been more important. Joining me on the podcast today to discuss the science behind Covid-19 and share his tips on how we can safely control the spread, is world-renowned ‘National Geographic’ photographer and board-certified emergency physician, Dr. Jeff Gusky!
In this episode, Jeff shares his insights into how humidity has played a key role in the increase of Coronavirus cases globally, how each individual immune system in our body functions, and the truth about herd immunity.
To learn more, tune in to Episode 86 of Technology for Mindfulness!
Some Questions I Ask:
- Could you talk about the work you do surrounding Covid-19? (6:42)
- What does aerosol refer to? (17:25)
- What can people be doing to quell their anxieties at the moment? (36:20)
What You’ll Learn:
- Why mindfulness helps us absorb information calmly and objectively (3:19)
- How the pandemic has affected each sector of the world (9:57)
- Jeff’s breakdown on each of the immune systems that function in our body (11:19)
- The difference between the aerosol and microdroplet model (14:03)
- How humidity plays a key role in controlling the spread of the Coronavirus (18:37)
- Why Vitamin D mitigates long term complications with Covid-19 (22:11)
- Dr. Jeff’s two tips for controlling the temperature in your environment (26:19)
- The effect humidity has had on our air quality (28:35)
- A glimpse into how humidity contributed to the Coronavirus outbreak in Paris (32:14)
- How crisis affects our perception & Why it’s important to stay properly informed (39:22)
Connect With Robert Plotkin:
Connect With Dr. Jeff Gusky:
- The humidifier Jeff is using.