Continuing on from last week’s episode, today’s focus is all about maintaining productivity within your workspace while working remotely! I’m going to be discussing my key strategies and tips for conducting yourself effectively while operating from home, the nuances that come with communicating virtually with your team members, as well as how the very real effects of isolation must be taken into account by leaders in business.
Now more than ever, our mental wellbeing needs to be prioritized within the workplace, and managing the complex and often overwhelming feelings that come with our new working arrangements is going to be a team effort. While this period has been and is going to be difficult for many of us, there is solace in knowing that there are ways to cope and that we are not alone.
Join me on Episode 83 of Technology For Mindfulness to learn more!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Statistics showing that remote work was already on the rise before Covid-19 (1:23)
- My four key tips for Managers to help their teams work effectively in a remote environment (2:47)
- Why sticking to a daily routine is so imperative for workplaces right now & The power that our triggers have over us creating habits (2:55)
- Examples of positive triggers that can help to simulate a work day (6:17)
- Understanding how intentions and perceptions can affect virtual communication between co-workers (10:51)
- What you can do to rectify a miscommunication or potential negative interaction with someone you work with (15:07)
- Why we should stay aware of the effects that isolation can have on us while working remotely & Why leaders in business should be understanding of this and offer assistance to employees where needed (16:22)
- What I think the workplace will look like after Covid-19 (22:17)
Connect With Robert Plotkin:
- Book: ‘Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones’ Author, James Clear