There are many critical aspects to creating a space within our home environment that is conducive to productivity. Not only can this mental boundary assist in efficiency and boosting our motivations professionally, it can also be a healthy bridge for us to open communication between ourselves and those of us who we’re sharing space with.
Particularly now in the midst of this global pandemic, learning strategies that help alleviate some of these stressors has never been more important. In today’s episode, I share a few mechanisms that I use to schedule my work day effectively while working remotely, as well as discuss why having honest expectations with ourselves towards our productivity at the moment is so vital to our well being.
To learn more, tune in to Episode 82 of Technology For Mindfulness!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- An introduction to today’s topic on productivity and remote work environments during Covid-19 (0:50)
- A few things that will factor into each individual’s capability to work remotely (3:33)
- Why it’s important to remind ourselves that we’re going to be less productive during this period of time (4:52)
- The practical benefits of bringing our attention towards the drop in productivity (7:05)
- How we can establish clear mental boundaries between our home and work environments (10:00)
- A breakdown of ‘physical boundaries’ (11:32)
- A breakdown of ‘temporal boundaries’ (15:46)
- A breakdown of ‘personal boundaries’ (18:25)
- How we can effectively manage external interruptions and improve focus while working from home (24:15)
Connect With Robert Plotkin:
- Book: ‘Your Brain At Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long’ Author, David Rock