In episode 71, Ashley Sumner joins us for a conversation about how to connect more with people throughout the world, face-to-face. Ashley is the CEO and Co-Founder of Quilt, an app that allows women anywhere to spark offline conversations that bring community together in a fun, safe, and intimate way.
Throughout our conversation, you’re going to learn a lot about how she and her organization helps people to use technology to connect with each other. Quilt goes a step further, finding ways to create spaces to raise social awareness and lift up one another’s voices.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What motivated you to start Quilt? (4:08)
- What has surprised you about how discussion groups have developed organically? (15:03)
- What role does technology play in Quilt? (18:58)
- How does Quilt handle online conflicts? (24:58)
- What’s included in the conversation guidelines? How do you facilitate a conversation with Quilt? (30:48)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to find new, meaningful ways to connect with others face-to-face. (1:14)
- How Quilt facilitates welcoming environments to have meaningful conversations. (9:11)
- What is Quilt’s philosophy on community. (13:05)
- How Quilt creates social awareness and raises up women’s voices. (25:52)
- How Quilt creates safe environments for socializing. (26:30)