In episode 72, David Klein joins us for a conversation about America Offline, which aims to create transformational offline experiences for teens and their families. David is passionate about reconnecting through various learning and development programs.
Throughout our conversation, David explains how today’s teenagers are a product of how society has developed. He’s witnessed the side effects of technology overuse, and it’s impacting their personalities and how they relate to one another. David continues by sharing some strategies for creating more connection-focused spaces at home.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What motivated you to start America Offline? (4:18)
- What are the key additional factors other than technology that drive the changes in teenagers today? (11:58)
- How can people take part in America Offline? (21:50)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Robert’s weekly tip for staying connected and present. (0:48)
- What’s driving anxiety and depression in kids. (12:36)
- How America Offline retreats help participants authentically connect with others. (15:32)
- How David reintegrates smartphones at the end of America Offline retreats to teach kids how to continue to reap the benefits of mindful tech use. (23:27)