In episode 70, Charlie Hartwell joins us for a conversation about scaling mindfulness technologies. Charlie is the managing partner of Bridge Builders Collaborative. He’s part of a group of successful investors who have invested in startup companies in the mental wellness, consciousness, and spirituality spaces.
Throughout our conversation, Charlie Hartwell shares about how the mental wellness space has grown and shifted over the years, and where it’s at today. He shares about the limitations of the industry, how it’s become secularized over time, and other challenges these startups face in today’s society.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What changes have you seen in the mindfulness industry? (7:06)
- How are mindfulness technologies being tailored to meet customer needs? (10:36)
- What limitations does the mental wellness industry have? (19:14)
- Are you working with any companies that help people meet in person? (30:18)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How letting go can help you become more successful. (3:57)
- What challenges health & wellness apps face when scaling up. (9:32)
- How mindfulness practices have been secularized. (18:17)
- How companies help support consumers’ going deeper into themselves. (27:55)
- What Charlie looks for when investing in a startup. (34:06)