In episode 61, Christina Malecka joins us for a conversation around how to implement a digital mindfulness retreat into your life, and why this will positively transform your relationship with technology. AS a Seattle-based psychotherapist, Christina has had a front-row seat to the emotional impact smartphones and social media have had on her clients, including loneliness, anxiety, and alienation. To combat this epidemic, Christina Melecka has created a series of digital mindfulness retreats, which can be done at home or within a beautiful, nature-focused location with Christina. These retreats will transform your relationship with technology, connect with others, and connect back to yourself, too.
Christina Malecka earned her master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and is a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Washington. She works with adults, children, and adolescents of all cultures and orientations to help people find relief from the emotional suffering they’ve experienced in life.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What got you motivated to work in the digital mindfulness space? (4:20)
- What are digital mindfulness retreats like? (10:36)
- How do people’s expectations and experiences differ on the retreats? (16:19)
- How can people learn more about your work and get in touch with you? (31:34)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to take a micro-retreat from technology. (1:19)
- How social media can be both beneficial and destructive. (5:43)
- What attention restoration theory is. (10:51)
- How to have an at-home digital mindfulness retreat. (26:05)
- Why a gratitude practice is essential to combating our natural negativity bias. (29:57)
Information on Upcoming Retreats
Christina’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Joy of Missing Out by Christina Crook