In episode 60, David Ryan Polgar joins us for an engaging conversation around the history of digital wellbeing and what it means to be human in the digital age. David takes a different approach to how people should combat oversharing personal data and addiction to technology. Instead of focusing on what we, as end-users, need to do to combat overuse or misuse of technology, David focuses on transforming the ways that technology itself is deployed.
David Ryan Polgar is a 3-time TEDx speaker and tech writer. He’s known for his work in exploring the impact of tech from an ethical, legal, and emotional perspective. He’s been featured on CMS This Morning, USA Today, AP, LA Times, CNN, BBC, and more. David is also the founder of All Tech Is Human, which is an initiative to align the purpose of technology with what the end-users need to create a more human-centered society.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What motivated your work around digital wellness? What challenges did you face? (5:08)
- What organizations are you involved in? (34:35)
- How can people reach you and get involved with everything you’re doing? (44:47)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Robert’s tip for mindfully granting access to applications. (0:58
- What a “mental food plate” is. (8:41)
- What prompted Robert to be mindful around granting apps permissions to his data. (17:32)
- Why advertisers’ targeting strategy became a massive collision course. (32:29)
- About David’s work with mental wellbeing with tech use. (39:22)
Connect with David Ryan Polgar: