Dr. Larry Rosen is Professor Emeritus & Past Chair of the Psychology Department at California State University, Dominguez Hills. He is a research psychologist, computer educator, keynote speaker & is recognized as an international expert in the Psychology of Technology.
Over the past 30-plus years, Dr. Rosen & his colleagues have examined reactions to technology among more than 70,000 people in the United States & in 22 other countries. He has written 7 books including:
- The Distracted Mind: Ancient Brains in a High-Tech World
- The Wiley Handbook of Psychology, Technology & Society
- iDisorder: Understanding Our Obsession With Technology & Overcoming its Hold on Us
- Rewired: Understanding the iGeneration and the Way They Learn
- Me, MySpace & I: Parenting the Net Generation
- TechnoStress: Coping with Technology @Work @Home @Play
- The Mental Health Technology Bible
He also writes a technology column for the newspaper The National Psychologist & regular blogs for the magazine Psychology Today & the Huffington Post. Find more info about Larry Rosen at http://drlarryrosen.com/about/
—> Listen via YouTube at https://youtu.be/fCtCxJgVPMo<—
On each episode of the Technology For Mindfulness Podcast, Robert Plotkin, co-creator of the Hack Your Mind series at MIT, explores the intersection between the practice of mindfulness & the use of technology in the modern age. Show notes can be found at TechnologyForMindfulness.com. Come back often & feel free to subscribe in iTunes or add the Technology For Mindfulness Podcast to your favorite podcast application.
Follow us on:
Subscribe to the Technology For Mindfulness Podcast via:
Music courtesy of Tobu – Colors [NCS Release]