In episode 74, Caroline Welch joins us for a conversation about cultivating and pursuing a mindfulness practice. Caroline is the Co-founder and CEO of the Mindsight Institute and author of The Gift of Presence: A Mindfulness Guide for Women.
Throughout the conversation, Caroline shares her personal stories about how her mindfulness journey began 40 years ago in Japan, what she’s learned through her practices, and how women can cultivate their own practices as well. She also shares about how mindfulness practices infiltrate technology habits and help establish healthy tech use over time.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get started practicing mindfulness? (4:02)
- Why did you decide to focus on presence in your book? (7:36)
- What are the Three P’s? (8:28)
- What do women specifically gain from practicing mindfulness? (17:23)
- How does changing your pacing make you more effective? (22:09)
- Why did you decide to focus on writing a book that’s a guide for women? (29:06)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What practicing Zen looked like in Japan for Caroline. (4:15)
- What the difference between presence and mindfulness is. (8:01)
- Why mindfulness practice is not the same thing as taking time to relax. (13:22)
- How having a strong sense of purpose provides a sense of direction, presence, and resilience. (20:30)
- How setting an intention can change your technology use. (28:35)
Connect with Caroline Welch: